As every editor and producer knows, there are many who want to work in the media, but few who have the experience and talent – that all-important way with words – necessary to get the job done. That’s where Patricia Maunder comes in. With more than 20 years’ experience writing and editing for print and online, as well as scripting, presenting and producing for radio, she knows how to express ideas and information clearly and engagingly.
Recent work includes:
- review of Melbourne Theatre Company’s Macbeth for Limelight magazine
- travel story about hiking Peru’s Inca Trail for The Saturday Paper
- Ottawa city guide for The Big Bus Tour and Travel Guide
- chatting about the province of Quebec on ABC Radio’s Monday Night Travel
- travel story about a European river cruise’s 10 UNESCO World Heritage sites for The Weekend Australian
- obituary of author Shirley Hazzard for The Sydney Morning Herald
- feature about Melbourne’s American food hot spots for The Age.
Patricia delivers what her commissioning editors and producers need, whether she has pitched the idea or had it put to her. While she currently focuses on travel, lifestyle (especially food, drink and consumer tech) and the arts (particularly the performing arts), she has extensive experience commenting on and critiquing many subjects, from television to barbershops. No matter what the topic or audience, the end result always shines with excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation, accurate information, and a compelling style – delivered on time, according to brief.
Make your publication or program shine – contact Patricia about contributing:
- interviews, whether published or broadcast
- ‘best-of’ stories
- anything else you need to communicate with your audience.